1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No, seriously, what is wrong with people?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jun 19, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

_ _ L L _ L _ Y _ _

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Why even post that? I mean seriously...

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Those parents aren't exactly elevating the opinion of those who home school their children.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That was the kicker for me, that he was being home schooled. But I'm not holding these two mistakes against good people, good parents who do home school their children.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why read it then? He clearly warned you.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wondered why even add that.

But I think it adds something if the parents have been terrorizing their kid. It makes it worse that he never gets out of their clutches and helps explain perhaps why no one may have noticed.

Just for practicality's sake, if you are so put out at your kid for misbehaving that you tape him to a tree, perhaps you might want to take a break and let the public school have him for 8 hours a day.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I believe the reference was to the picture and hangman, not the topic itself or Zeke's initial post.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If that's the case I apologize

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It was probably a way to explain why there were no warnings about the child abuse before the kid's death.

Had the child attended a school, a teacher may have seen something. Or a teacher may have pointed out the child's absense.

Draft saved Draft deleted