1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Secret Santa 2019?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Dec 4, 2019.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Didn't see any posts about an SJ.om Secret Santa this year, unless as usual, I missed it. Has interest totally died out? Are the board members shrinking by that much? Anyway, it's Dec. 4 so probably too late anyway but it just happened to cross my mind today.

Liut likes this.
  2. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

Secret Santa is alive and well! Many thanks to @lantaur for starting this thread. It took me an hour to squeeze into my suit again but it's snug and tight around my many curves and mounds of belly lard. Anyone who wants to participate in Secret Santa 2019 should send me a PM with your name, address, and suggestions of gifts you'd like Secret Santa to send this year. We usually keep the spending limit around $25. Feel free to spend more. I will send everyone a PM with their giftee in 10 days, or December 15. Hanukkah starts Dec. 22.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm in.

Might I recommend a post in Sports & News too? I know I've overlooked it on Anything Goes in the past, and given our tight turnaround here, maybe that would help juice participation.

4. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

Mrs. Claus wants one of those Peloton bikes.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I got burned twice in SS 2018. I never received anything, and my giftee never acknowledged what I sent. The USPS tracking number showed that it was delivered, but never a word on here.

6. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

That is ho ho horrendous.

Who here had to gift Flip, and who was the receiver of Flip's gift?

Flip Wilson likes this.
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

It wasn't me, but I'll be happy to send him a box of Goo Goos and a tin of King Leos.

Unless you're diabetic. Then, I got nothin'. After all, I live in Tennessee. Last time I checked, sending corn mash was still illegal and being the daughter of a revenooer, it's just not a good idea.

8. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

We have five or six signed up. Be nice to have 10 or 15. Deadline is Monday. Let's have fun, together.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Let's do this folks, the letdowns are VERY VERY rare. Over the years, I have received some very cool gifts. I send some, too.

10. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

Still looking for Santas and Harrys.

11. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

Everyone was paired up! Have fun, Secret Santa.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Hey Santa, not sure how often you log into your account. Could you check your messages?

Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted