1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Roethlisberger stories on ESPN.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pendleton, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dale Hansen walks from ESPN Radio in Dallas over this? (Or because he doesn't have a contract.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/29/dale-hansen-quits-espn-over-roethlisberger-muzzle/

2. silentbob

silentbob Member

I listen to sports talk radio every day. There's some awful stuff out there, and I listen to a lot of it, but I cant take Cowherd. I gave him a shot for a while, but I pretty much pulled the plug for good when he said something along the lines of only stupid people are struggling financially right now.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Well, y'know, serious, dedicated tools aren't suffering, now . . . they seldom do.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Never heard of this guy until now. That was a FANTASTIC take on the Pacman Jones signing a few years ago.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hansen is the No. 1 local sports anchor in Dallas. Has been for years.

As he mentioned in that riff on Pacman, he was one of the Cowboys' radio guys at one time but lost that gig back in 94 or 95 due to some comments he made about the Cowboys at a public appearance in, I think, Waco.

He wasn't doing that ESPN gig because he needed the money.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

After reading Boys Will Be Boys, I can't exactly muster a ton of respect for Hansen or his journalistic ethics.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted