1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Roethlisberger stories on ESPN.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pendleton, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Pendleton

Pendleton Member

What's up with that??
  2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Go to the Roethlisberger thread on sports & news and find out.
  3. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Spare me the "go to such and such thread" stuff----just tell us right here's what's up with this.
  4. spnited

spnited Active Member

There's a 7-page Roethlisberger thread that includes discussion of ESPN's lack of coverage.

Do your own work.
  5. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Well, ex-ccccuuuusssseeee me, Mr. Helper.
  6. spnited

spnited Active Member

"I'm too lazy to call the coach myself, so just tell me what he told you."
  7. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Fair game to discuss here. I don't need to be directed to a multi-page thread I haven't seen.
  9. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Why not start a pissing match instead?? Seems like so much more fun.
  10. Pendleton

Pendleton Member

My apologies for starting the thread. I read the other one. Very interesting.

Wish my newspaper wasn't stripping this across the top of A1, but who am I?
  11. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Is there a bigger story out there?
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This is a legitimate journalism topic worth discussing. No need to get snippy with the thread starter. Seeing as the other thread got bogged down in a pissing match, it was worth breaking out anyway.

ESPN is being journalistically dishonest by not at least acknowledging that this is a story. A civil suit has been filed against the quarterback of the most popular football team in the NFL. He has hired an attorney and has responded. ESPN has to acknowledge this. But they won't, and it's sort of the last straw on whether or not I want to take them seriously as a journalistic endeavor. You cannot ignore news when it might upset a potential source.

I'm not saying you have to blow it out, or have all of your talking heads opine or dissect it. But acknowledge it. You owe the public that much.
Draft saved Draft deleted