1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No one tells Tiger what to do

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 23, 2011.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

The ones Feinstein noted in the excerpt: blowing off the Buick Classic (and the dinner honoring him) after they gave him a sponsor's exemption right after he turned pro, and the declining of the invitation by Clinton to the Jackie Robinson thing after winning the Masters in '97.

Those may not qualify as "professional", but that's what I was referencing.

But like Feinstein, Tiger has no obligation to live up to my standard of right or wrong decisions, either.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He is banned from ESPN.

Bob Knight once complained, "How come every time I do something, people run to get a reaction from a reporter who I haven't spoken one word to in over a decade?"

3. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Some people always seem to need a variety of crises to juggle each day, and some writers always want to have personal feuds to manage. It addresses their feelings of insecurity and the need for control, but it makes it difficult for anyone around them. If this is how Feinstein deals with professional athletes, imagine how he addresses people such as waitresses and hotel clerks.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Props to Feinstein. He didn't misspell a single name in that excerpt.

Draft saved Draft deleted