1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No one tells Tiger what to do

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Feinstein comes across as bad as Tiger. Switch out the names and it describes Feinstein. He is the smartest person and the arbiter of what is right and wrong in sports.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Tiger hasn't been great with the media but Junior's latest stuff just reeks of a vendetta because he was never in Tiger's inner circle. Hardly anyone was. John needs to get over himself.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I tend to agree. As I said before. I can't wait to read it. :D

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

No one tells Tiger what to do ... except John Feinstein. Apparently, Mr. Brink is upset that Tiger and his camp doesn't follow Mr. Brink's advice.

When I finished reading the excerpt I thought it gave more insight to Feinstein's current Ego Level than it did in illuminating anything about Woods. But that's what can be expected when The Big Time Writer doesn't get the access he's used to. If the subject won't agree to be interviewed, then write about THAT. Someone need to count the number of personal references Feinstein makes in the excerpt. Feinstein has become Bob Knight without the cuss words.

"I think the excerpt speaks to the sense of entitlement that John Feinstein has had from a very young age, and how no one ever really called him on it."

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

His head couldn't fit under a fucking umbrella.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. On Morning Joe, Feinstein said that he believed Tiger and his camp "picked out" Feinstein as a writer they particularly didn't like because he was unwilling to follow Tiger's ground rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Raiders

Raiders Guest

"He does seem awfully full of himself," Lupica said from the seat he grabbed in the front row.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Nicklaus wasn't classy on a consistent basis for a significant period, early on. Fat Jack could be -- and was -- a pain in the ass.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

But Jack almost always talked to the media and almost always had something interesting to say ... if for nothing else, to make sure his side of a story got told.

10. +1

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

True. He didn't stiff the gathering throng.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He got a four hour sit down to talk about their issues, which seems mostly about how Tiger respects him. Junior puts out a book ripping into his father and he is upset that Tiger doesn't want to kiss his ring? Maybe if Tiger played in the Patriot League, Junior would like him more.

Draft saved Draft deleted