1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No, no, you can't elope yet. Finish kindergarten, and we'll talk.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by deskslave, Jan 6, 2009.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7811686.stm

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I couldn't cross the street by myself at that age. And these kids were headed to Africa?

3. KG

KG Active Member

Wow.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Only in Germany. And Africa, I guess.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

No, no, you can't elope yet. Finish kindergarten graduate school, and we'll talk.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I think I was at least 8 before I even concocted my first plot to run away, which usually involved throwing a few things in a bag and going to sit under the big oak tree down the street for 10 or 15 minutes.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I used to try to dig to China. It usually lasted a few feet until I found a nice layer of rock.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, at least it wasn't a kindergarten teacher trying to elope with five-year-old Ike.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Who are you calling a cantaloupe, you melon-head?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I just got bored after four feet

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I hid in the woods across the street. I thought my parents got in the car to look for me once. Turned out they just went to dinner.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Haha I remember those days. I had a little suitcase (that is still in my old bedroom) and I'd throw it on the bed, throw some clothes in it and stomp off to the driveway. Mom would give me the "OK, good luck, we'll miss you" talk. And then I'd get to the road and realize my entire world consisted of the one-mile street on which we lived. And I knew my best friend's mom would send me home right away...so I trudged back into the house and ate my vegetables.

Draft saved Draft deleted