1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No No. 4 in Super Bowl 44: The Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 24, 2010.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Saints should have been killed yesterday. If you get a boatload of turnovers, you shouldn't need a FG in OT to win. I think the game will be competitive early, but I expect the Colts to pull away in the second half. I can't see the Saints' defense stopping the Colts, who will not turn the ball over left and right. 34-23, but not as close as the score.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So? Dungy won one on his own, too

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I really hope this guy is doing well, and I cannot wait for the features on him.

[​IMG]

4. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

I say Colts, even though Reggie Bush has a big day with 5 carries for 9 yards, and 6 catches for 14 yards.

Hey did you know that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It will be good to get updates on aftermath of Katrina and how New Orleans coped.
    That whole story seems to have gone away.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'll take the Saints (plus the points) and the over.

I'm thinking something silly like 41-37 or something like that.

Lots o' offense.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If Brett Favre had simply decided to ride off into the sunset and retire as a Packer, I'd feel no ill will toward him.

If he'd decided from jump that he didn't want to retire and either continued to play for the Packers or got sent to the Jets, I'd give him a mulligan.

However, he did this whole prima donna "look at me" drama queen bullshit, first with Green Bay, then with the Jets. And on top of that, he signed with the Vikings a team that stirs up almost as much enmity in Wisconsin as the Bears do.

So I'll continue to be gleeful when he "never fails to fail." It wasn't just "the easiest thing to do." It serves his 40-year-old ass right for making it all about Brett Favre.

As for the Super Bowl itself, I'm going to buck the conventional wisdom and predict the Saints win it 34-27.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Even better than having a Playboy Bunny fly through the window and land on your bed?

Step into a coaching job where Peyton Manning's the QB.

How sweeeeeeet it is.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Michael Lewis dug him up two years ago for an NY Times magazine feature about kickers in general. Unless something has changed, he still lives in the New Orleans area.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/sports/playmagazine/28lewis.html?pagewanted=9&_r=1

If you're too lazy to read the entire thing --- and it's long --- the story ends with a great quote from Dempsey:

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Pro Bowl replacements named. Donovan McNabb and Vince Young highlight the list:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4855900

London Fletcher was also named as a replacement for Jonathan Vilma, Fletcher's first Pro Bowl selection of his career. Apparently, it meant a lot to him:

Well, at least one person cares about the Pro Bowl ...

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Fletcher, also a finalist for the Walter Payton Award, deserves a Pro Bowl spot. It sucks that he had to get it this way, but good for him anyway.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Why don't they just scrap the Pro Bowl, name an All-Pro team and be done with it?

No one gives a shit, especially in a game filled with alternates. Like a commenter on PFT said, it's almost more impressive if you're not a Pro Bowler this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted