1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No No. 4 in Super Bowl 44: The Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 24, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

With no dog in this fight, I would be happy to see either franchise win.

I just do not want to see a dog of a game like we had last night where no one could do anything right outside of a kicker.

2. If Manning did that to the Jets' defense, he'll carve up the Saints. Colts, 31-16.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not overly impressed by the Saints' defense yesterday. They'll have to significantly upgrade their output and cut back on dumb penalties to stop Peyton & Co.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Colts and the over.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

The biggest story of Super Bowl week? Archie Manning will once again auction his sperm, this time at an NFL endorsed function: "You too can grow up to wear a Super Bowl ring."

Peyton's and Eli's at half the value.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Colts 53, Saints 6. Super Bowls revert to the way they're usually played in New Orleans.

7. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

The last two played there - GB/NE and NE/STL, were pretty good games.

8. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Never mind, I'm an idiot. Those were in New Orleans. And this one is being played in Miami.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/72707/

Interesting predictions back in August. I think I hit on five of the six NFC playoff teams and half the AFC playoff teams.

How'd you do?

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Interesting. I had no idea.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not well. I hit four of the AFC playoff teams and two in the NFC, but my SB was Packers-Titans. Oops.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Great stuff, Steak. Buddy D was the anti-homer in the N.O. media. You could tell he loved them, but he was always one of their harshest critics, which endeared him to Saints fans, but not team management.

My grandfather has been dead now for almost 30 years, but he'd be getting a kick out of this. He was a Saints fan from Day One.

I think the Saints can beat the Colts, but they'll have to play a better game than they did against the Vikings.

Draft saved Draft deleted