1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No news on Obama's win

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txsportsscribe, Nov 6, 2008.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

yes, terrell has a large black population

2. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

That publisher should be fired immediately. I don't necessarily think race played an issue. Maybe he's a Republican pissed that Obama won? Congratulations sir. You just killed your newspaper.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You'd think the number of papers seeing a spike in street sales might make the publisher regret his choice.

"A newspaper not a memory book service." Nice. Liked how he used the term "we" - riiiiiiiiiiiight.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

the horror stories i could tell

5. Optimus Subprime

Optimus Subprime New Member

Outside of a national disaster like 9/11 or Katrina, it's hard to think of a bigger story a newspaper could omit.

It's like not running any wire on the Super Bowl and instead focusing on some community Pop Warner leagues.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I remember when Anna Nicole Smith's hometown paper put her death below the fold the next day. But at least they put it on the front.

This is inexcusable.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Clearly, a very special breed of nosepicker.

8. I wonder how they'll break it to their readers over the next four years that McCain didn't win?

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Home of Jamie Foxx, as I just learned from Wikipedia.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

OK. Then that is atrocious.

11. Maybe the publisher is waiting for a recount. Or there's some major denial at work here.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

We had nothing about the presidential race in the paper. But we don't cover national news. Statewide maybe. And several other papers in the chain had nothing on the presidential race either.

Draft saved Draft deleted