1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No MTV VMAs Awards Thread??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Sep 13, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Tell me IJAG what talent does this douchebag possess other than self-promiotion and total fuicking stupidity?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, his beats are pretty much top-notch. He's produced for some of the biggest names in music. And his CDs have sold millions.

3. imjustagirl

Side note: WTF is wrong with Lady Gaga??

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

His "beats" are nothing that hasn't been done before.

And you still haven't told me what his "talent" is other than being popular and making money.

He's just another hack who thinks he's god's gift to the world.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Seriously. She's got crappy music and that performance was god-awful. And wtf was up with her hair?

7. imjustagirl

1. You have NO idea what you're talking about.

2. Producing isn't a talent? Really? Making music that people pay for isn't a talent?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

A. I have a lot more idea what I'm talking about than you do.

B. Producing "music" (which Kanye has not produced; he has produced cacophony known as rap/hip hop. Not "music" but shitty noise) that people pay for is not a talent. It means that a lot of people pay for a lot of shit.

9. imjustagirl

Edit: never mind. I'm not feeding the monster.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I don't know nearly enough about West's work to talk about it specifically regarding its inventiveness or creativity or what-have-you.

But I would argue that, thanks to technology, the "art" of being a record producer is somewhat diminished today.

I could put out product today that would compare to the sounds Phil Spector and George Martin and Brian Wilson were helping to create from scratch in the '60s.

11. imjustagirl

Which wouldn't sell for shit. But thanks for trying.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Right on, IJAG.

Draft saved Draft deleted