1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No MTV VMAs Awards Thread??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Sep 13, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

She's actually 19, according to the writeups. Where does the time go??

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Agreed. Now THAT is class. :)

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

fixed

4. Crash

Crash Active Member

He got pissed over "Single Ladies"? I've never seen the video. I also wouldn't watch the video if the only other thing on TV was a Lawrence Welk-a-thon. I don't give a damn if the video was good or how good it was. Single Ladies is a glowing example of how shitty music in America is today. It's a horrendous, horrendous song, and it's up for awards.

5. imjustagirl

Crash: The video actually blows. Youtube it, but watch it on mute (the song does suck)

6. Crash

Crash Active Member

OK, I did. And:

That? He's pissed over that? That's not even in the top 5 of "Videos I watched on mute because Beyonce sucks, but hey, at least I got to see her shake her ass!"

I think "Crazy In Love" wins that award.

7. imjustagirl

Nah, mine for that is "Check On It."

Wait, what?

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Man, if she had made a South Park reference when he gave her the mic back I'd go buy all of her CDs right now.

Such an opportunity.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

So two years after urinating all over the stage during the Police performance at Live Earth, Kanye West does the same to Taylor Swift tonight.

He at least makes moot the debate over "Biggest douchebag in show business."

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

I could not care less about MTV awards or Taylor Swift.
    But from what I've read tonight, isn't it about time somebody told no talent piece of shit Kanye West to STFU and go away for good.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Agreed. The look on her face when he busted in was just like....wtf I don't want my name in the middle of all of this mess!

I don't care what you're personal preference is, but you don't interrupt someone on national fucking TV when they're making an acceptance speech just to make a point. This is why Kanye West is not invited to the Oscars.

12. imjustagirl

"no talent" is pretty much patently untrue. The rest I can't argue with. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted