1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No more Sony cassette Walkmans....er Walkmen....players

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Oct 24, 2010.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Zebra tape...the beauty of working in radio in the 90s before digital took over. I became a splice genius.

2. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I will join the "Holy crap, they still made these?" chorus.

I had a Walkman when I was a kid, though I got the most play out of the Diskman I had when I was in high school. I still remember how cumbersome the thing was, and hauling around a bunch of CDs. I think that experience is why I currently enjoy my IPod so much.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I got one for my birthday in 1980 and still remember how cool it was to be able to ski and listen to tunes at the same time; could actually time the moguls to the beat. Went through about 4 of them though because Walkman was not made for freezing temperatures. After 4, stereo store made me choose something else with store credit.

Good memories.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Bout my Blazer in 2001 and it has a cassette in the console, with the CD player in the dash. Still works, too.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

really? i thought 02 or 03 was the last year toyotas had them. figured it would be the same for lexus.

Draft saved Draft deleted