1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No More Satellite Camps

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Even as an SEC fanboy, I look forward to the next way Harbaugh will troll the SEC.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bear Bryant weeps.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If the NCAA were smart, they would organize/coordinate/oversee camps throughout the country, invite any coach/school who wanted to attend/participate, provide academic as well as athletic assessments of prospective student-athletes in a variety of sports.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

It's just a matter of time until Harbaugh finds another loophole.

One suggestion I saw earlier today on Twitter: International waters.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Ok, so the schools can't host the camps, but what will they say if Papa or Brother Harbaugh decide they want to have football academies in Atlanta and Miami and happen to hire a few Michigan coaches to work it?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I love that the SEC got so mad about this that they cried to the NCAA, and was there ever any doubt the NCAA back the SEC?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

What, you expect me to actually read?

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Just hire some Michigan alums close to the program instead.

Harbaugh is an ass, but he's an intelligent one. He'll find another loophole.

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I loved how the initial outcry over this was how the poor student athletes were losing their spring break by having to go to these spring camps in Florida. Think it was the SEC commissioner who floated this.

Not sure how he kept a straight face when arguing how a free trip to Florida over spring break was so horrible for these players.

Can't wait for him to argue how conference and NCAA basketball tournaments shouldn't be held over spring break. Those poor basketball players.

Draft saved Draft deleted