1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No more daily newspaper delivered for me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The last delivery for me was on Sunday. I had a year subscription for $102 but there were too many days when the paper was never opened.

2. rascalface

rascalface Member

Used to read the Chicago Sun-Times sports section every morning before school. Started reading the paper as a kid. We would go to my great grandparents' house for lunch every Sunday after church. My great grandpa would read the paper front to back in the morning, then back to front in the afternoon every day, since it was a tab. I used to get upset when I'd be reading the sports section and the next page was the horse racing charts, and then you got into seemingly endless pages of car dealership ads, because that meant you were done with the sports section. In college at Mizzou, like a good journo nerd, we had home delivery, off and on, of the KC Star, Post Dispatch, Columbia Missourian and the Wall Street Journal.

Now I get the NYT on Sundays and that's it.

Draft saved Draft deleted