1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No More BCS?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It won't stop the merry go-round because strength of schedule plays into the equation far too much (and I would argue rightly so), that teams do not actually start on equal footing. Teams in the SEC, Big10, Big 12, and Pac12 will still start on a higher level than any team in what are now the non-aq conferences just because of the competition. Also the TV money at stake to just play in the major conferences is a huge draw for many of these teams. Also some of the moves like A&M to the SEC are not motivated by trying to get into a BCS bowl. At the most it will slow the merry-go-round

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It just seemed a strange way to word it, and completely unnecessary. I doubt it would have been done for any other sports owner.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I think the new Yankee Stadium has been called the "House that Steinbrenner Built" on more than one occasion.

4. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

It's not "Jerry Jones Cowboys Stadium" he said Jerry Jones' Cowboys Stadium...as in Jerry owns it. Not that he named it after himself.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

And it wasn't. It was done for Jones, and in his case, "Jerry Jones' Cowboys Stadium" is pretty damn accurate.

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

and yet I once had a member of a bowl committee admit to me that the longstanding name of their bowl would be dropped in a second if someone walked in with a large enough checkbook

Draft saved Draft deleted