1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No more aspartame in Diet Pepsi

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 24, 2015.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Meh. Pick your poison.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wrong.

Sugar is bad for you.

Aspartame is not.

Easy choice.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's always been funny to me that I spend my days and nights with a Diet Coke next to me, and I can't stand Diet Pepsi. If I order Diet Coke somewhere and the waitress says, "Is Diet Pepsi OK?", I say no, I'll have something else. To me, Diet Pepsi tastes like water poorly infused with cola taste.

But my doctor did say that aspartame fools your body into thinking it's getting sugar, and that's not necessarily a good thing.

93Devil likes this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sugar isn't bad for you. Quaffing half a gallon of sugar-rich drinks a day is bad for you.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

She drinks diet coke with Splenda. My beverage of choice is diet cherry Dr Pepper.

My guess is that aspartame is bad for you if you drink a half a gallon of diet soda a day. Just like over consumption of water can be bad for you.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

7. jr/shotglass

Too much of anything is not good.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. But hardly anyone needs to worry about drinking too much water. The majority needs to up their water intake.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The logical next step is not, "Aspartame and sugar are the same."

Hundreds of studies have been conducted. Aspartame is perfectly healthy. This is nothing but mommy-led Internet hysteria, perhaps with an assist fromNeil Young.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Diet drinks taste horrible.
    Sugary goodness gets me through the day, and saves lives of those who interact with me.

old_tony and doctorquant like this.
  11. jr/shotglass

If someone slipped Coke into my Diet Coke can, my reaction would be similar to having spoiled milk in there.

Dyno and Dick Whitman like this.
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

If someone slipped Diet Coke into my Coke can, my reaction would be similar to having spoiled milk in there.

old_tony and expendable like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted