1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Monday thread for Iranian president's visit?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I guess Fenian and others were front-row guests and couldn't be bothered. ::)

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

DTGDTN

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Yawn, you do know that "Bomb the Arabs and take their oil" was just a joke from the Simpsons. It's not a political platform.

4. How Yawn hasn't been yanked from this site is absolutely beyond me.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Freedom of speech, man. That's why. Contrary to the liberal theory of such...

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This guy is a clown and a loser. Letting more people realize this by hearing him speak is good for us all.
    Funniest thing I heard on Fox though, was hearing Gingrich blast him for arresting college students who spoke out. Guess he forgot about Don't Taser Me Bro'.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Yawn, you're just a dick.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Anyone see the 60 minutes interview? I thought interviewer Scott Pelley looked foolish.

He asks Ahmadinejad for a conclusive answer about whether he plans to build a nuclear weapon about six times and seemed about to cry when he kept giving sort-of answers.

And he asks Ahmadinejad if he admires anything about Bush. What kind of question is that?

Ahmadinejad smartly turns it around and asks what Pelley admires about Bush and he says that Bush is deeply religious -- well so are most of the suicide bombers, numbnuts.

Hard to make a guy who doesn't believe in the Holocaust look good, but Pelley did his best.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Pelley's doing a spectacular job playing himself right out of this gig.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

And remember, he wanted Dan's job.

11. "You realize that you owe President Bush?"
    When, one day, Scott Pelley wonders how he came to be doing hog reports in Kearney, he'll remember that question and despair.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh HI MARKVID! It's been a while hasn't it? Hope all this pent-up venom hasn't caused your physical body harm. But I'm immune from your snips. Have a nice rest of Monday.

Draft saved Draft deleted