1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No mo Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Apr 23, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Or any other illegal karaoke nonsense...

Feds prosecute karaoke businesses for copyright violations

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Federal prosecutors announced Monday what they called the first-ever conviction for copyright infringement in karaoke music.

Tracy Ann Brock, of Burnsville, 43, pleaded guilty to a single count of felony conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement, according to a news release.

Prosecutors claimed that Brock, as president and co-owner of Star Music Inc., distributed hundreds of thousands of illegal copies of karaoke recordings that were loaded into computer hard drives and then sold on eBay and other online auction sites.

Prosecutors alleged that Brock conspired to sell the infringing copies of the music from April 2004 to July 2006 — when the FBI searched her house in Burnsville.

Special agents seized large numbers of compact disks, computers and other equipment to copy, store and distribute the pirated music.

The case was part of the Department of Justice's broader initiative to prevent online computer piracy, the U.S. attorney's office in Minnesota said in a news release.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

As someone who doesn't want to be within 10 miles of a karaoke bar, I salute this.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So what kind of jail tim or fines is she facing?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Listening to John sing Three Times a Lady

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I was thinking listening to Anthony Edwards and Alex Kingston singing Piano Man, but I think we're on the same wavelength, Slap

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

That was brutal!

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Zing!

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe at the baseball/softball tourney/cardgame/drinking fest

10. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm crossing my fingers that none of our teams make it that far.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

too bad... I was looking forward to winning some money from you and others on your staff

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Since I suck at cards, I'd be better off just sending you a check.

Draft saved Draft deleted