1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Miss America thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 25, 2009.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I really like Florida and Arkansas and didn't understand the love for the eventual winner, Indiana.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He's a good-looking, versatile guy with an engaging television personality. The guy doesn't tire of working -- including several overlapping projects -- so it's no surprise to me he's getting plenty of work. He once told me he wanted to be the "male version of Kelly Ripa" because she was working on All My Children, Regis and Kelly and Hope and Faith. At the same time, he just accepted a role on The Bold and the Beautiful" on top of already doing "The Other Side" and "ESPN Hollywood."

Obviously, Ripa's career, at least at the time showed more promise, but he was following the same trail -- and had been working steadily since he was 16; he's 35 now.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

You forgot to add "copyright 2009 SBTB Communications, all rights reserved"

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

With that post, Mikey is now the Peter King of SBTB.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm on Mike's side with this one...I worked with Mario in the past and he's a pro...likes to be treated like a star, mind you, but always showed up on time, knew his lines, and if something wasn't shot in one take, it wasn't his fault. He's a good egg with a big heart.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Because Screech was taping "Celebrity Fit Club: No, Seriously -- again"

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I only interviewed him once, but my friend and I spent about 20 minutes with Lopez, and I never even got the "star" vibe from him. He was extremely nice and spent more than an hour signing things for and conversing with people who came to hear him speak.

I'm sure he's got an ego; how could you not after no many years in front of the camera? But I never saw it.

And SBTB is Saved By The Bell, TX.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted