1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Lost thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by djc3317, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Jack_Bauer24

Jack_Bauer24 New Member

This show is so great. Tremendous episode. When that door opened, I knew it was going to be Locke's dad in there. But when I saw him, I still couldn't believe it. Definitely a WTF moment.
    Just a great show that, while it never lost me, has me totally sucked back in and feeling sorry for all the viewers who decided to tune out.

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Great episode. The play between Ben and Locke was outstanding. Sucks for Jack, though.
    Could "the man from Tallahassee" be Sawyer? Looked in next week's preview like the Others try to hit the camp again. Great line though, and Ben's comeback "no we don't have a secret code for there's a man holding my daughter at gunpoint in the closet."

3. I saw this brought up elsewhere, but any thoughts on whether the guy falling when Hurley's meeting with his accountant in an earlier episode is Locke? I think it's entirely plausible, and I'd be curious to go back and look at that episode to see if you can tell from the clothes of the guy falling.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's who it was. All of the main characters are inter-connected somehow.

Sawyer, I'm sure, knows Locke's father since they were both con men.
    Kate's dad knew Sayid in Iraq.
    Jack's dad is Claire's dad.
    Boone's father was killed in the car accident that Jack's future wife was in.

5. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

I missed a few minutes last week, but I'm pretty sure they established last week that Jack and Claire have the same father.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Maybe -- although Locke's father was in a hotel or apartment, so it wouldn't make sense that it would be in the same building as an accounting firm. Plus, I had the feeling that Hurley won the money recently, while Locke fell out of an 8 story window 4 years ago (those numbers again).

7. That was awesome. I laughed for at least a minute.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How do you fall out of an eight story building and live?

9. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

yeah, that's the most unbelievable thing to happen on the show.

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Some Googling shows that a person falling 51 feet would be going about 40mph on impact. But it's about 10 feet per floor. So he would have been going well over 50 mph upon impact, possibly even 60mph.

11. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I didn't say it wasn't unbelievable. I'm just saying, come on, this is the one thing to say, WAIT, THAT COULD NEVER HAPPEN!

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I've missed the last few episodes because of work, so I think now I'll just wait until the DVDs come out. That's actually more fun because you're watching one episode after another. That's how I watched the first season.

Draft saved Draft deleted