1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Linda Cohn at X Games this year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BRoth, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Considering I have to single-handedly fill 11 pages (everything but the agate page), and neither of our Division I schools are in action today, I'm guessing it will make its way into the section.

2. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Pleasant to look at? Ick.

Peronally, I just don't find her all that witty or entertaining. I've never found myself pining for her regular return to SportsCenter. She just annoys me. Of course, that goes for a lot of anchors on the Worldwide Leader, but especially for her.

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

In contrast to many latter-day anchors, she's pleasant. And that's a good quality as we cycle through the same highlights.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Ellis, I now love you more than JDV loves you. Whatever.

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Not a big fan of the X Games and I think agate for them is a waste because I doubt any reader gives a shit who wins.

However, back in my desk days, I would try to get at least a half page devoted to X Games Art because the photos are very pleasing to the eye.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think we need fewer stick-and-ball folks in sports. We should be trying to reach new readers, and a lot more people follow winter sports, auto racing, etc. than what they want to accept.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

SC, in my part of the world, any daily section without NASCAR won't last long.

But the point is valid. It needs to be more than football, basketball and baseball.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm not a big fan of it, but the ratings dwarf the NHL, MLS, etc. It's worth getting into the paper and online.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I will say that Dana Jacobson is a very nice substitute. At least that's my thoughts.

Draft saved Draft deleted