1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No jail for Libby

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Being a Republican shouldn't be illegal.

Many of us merely thought acting like a criminal . . . should be.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And yet Armitage skates even though he was the real leaker. But you're just fine with that because he was anti-Bush on the war. Hypocricy, thy name is Zeke.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's more like Mars: Big and red and no one lives there.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You now have 10 minutes to find a post where I ever talked about being happy Armitage wasn't in jail.

5. Rule of law!
    Rule of law!
    I actually thought it would go to a pardon.
    Dick must've been nervous.
    (BTW, Scooter can still appeal the rest of the sentence, and take the Fifth before Congress. Nice.)
    Armitage wasn't the real leaker. He was a leaker. There were others. And the political prosecution was begun by the CIA, which requested the Republican DOJ to appoint a Republican special prosecutor. But the talking-points are like a blankie. It's comforting.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Fixed.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Old Tony takes the 'Armitage Defense' for a spin.

[​IMG]

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thank you.

I am not against Republicans. I tend to vote Republican in most local and state elections.
    However, all the people who bought into Karl Rove's bullshit should be ashamed that the democratic (not Democratic) process has been circumvented. Again.

9. old_tony

Then lead the charge for his prosecution. Go ahead. Otherwise admit that Libby was simply a political scalp for Fitz, who knew Armitage was the leaker well before he ever tried to trap Libby. When he knew about Armitage, the investigation should have ended there. But this was about way more than finding out who leaked Plame's name to Novak. It was about getting a political scalp in hopes of damaging the administration. I also eagerly await the full pardon.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Have you ever heard the term false dichotomy, tony?

Your pathetic fumbling notwithstanding, there is no possible way to spin this.

None.

11. old_tony

I'm sorry if you're not up on the current events, but it has long been acknowledge that Armitage was the original leaker. But since he was an anti-Bush guy he skates. If you read something once in a while you'll be able to take part in the adult parts of these threads. For now, just keep posting pictures.

12. old_tony

I don't need to spin anything. Bush did the right thing and I agree with it. How is that spin? Seems pretty straight-forward to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted