1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No jail for Libby

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Jul 2, 2007.

1. This is great fun.

2. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

As I was reading around this morning, I was linked into a right-of-center blogger who stated before the fact that Bush should commute because:
    It would be in keeping with his beliefs and
    it would play to the base (eg old tony) who are upset about his immigration policies.

Seems the blogger was prescient, or at least onto something.

I can understand the outrage, but is anyone surprised? If yes, why? This is George W. Bush being himself.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised he did something that stoopid.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If being a Republican requires you to break laws, mislead prosecutors and obstruct justice, well, then yeah, I guess he was prosecuted because he's a Republican, just like being a congressman requires you to take bribes. Give me a break.

5. IU90

IU90 Member

Apparently outing covert agents is synonymous with being Republican.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

If seeing the Prez confirm what an unwashed tool he is, virtually every day . . .

then, yes . . . it surely is.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How about sticking it to your enemies through backdoor badmouthing? That seems kinda Republicanish.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'd like us all to pause a moment here, take a deep breath, and acknowledge how funny this line is. Thanks, Dooley.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

All you red state fucks... feel better tonight knowing that the process works but the person in charge is above the law?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And from a writing board moderator. So I'm truly honored.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Spoken like a member of the "Free O.J." group on the day Simpson was acquitted.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Unless the Democrats put up an unelectable candidate -- which is 1A and 1B on their hit parade now.

Draft saved Draft deleted