1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No jail for Libby

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Jul 2, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Soon as I figure out the buttons, I'm locking everything.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Who would have thought Paris Hilton would have served more time than Scooter. I can actually say I have more respect for Paris now. Scooter and Bush, foof buddies.

3. Total horseshit.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You have to give the GOP credit . . . by throwing the '08 prez race, they leave the democrats
    to cope with all the pent-up inflationary pressures Simple's non-vetoing (and The War In Honor
    of Daddy and Oil) will serve up, in a couple of years -- if not sooner.

Way to go, sonny.

"X-rays of his head revealed nothing . . . "

5. IU90

IU90 Member

Every Republican should utterly despise Bush by now. With each new corrupt step he's further delegitimizing the Republican party and making a huge Democrat victory in 08 that much more probable.

I assume this was done as the price to buy Libby's permanent silence on Cheney's involvement. I never thought I'd see this kind of open corruption and disregard from a U.S. Presidency. At least Nixon had the sense to try to hide it, these guys openly flaunt it with a big fuck you whatta ya gonna do about it to everybody else.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Heaving a sigh of relief, the Harding family sends a box of dark-chocolate buttercreams to the White House. Great-Grandpa's off the hook for the title of 'Most-Corrupt'!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

He answers to no one. I read that somewhere.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Because it was nothing but a political prosecution. Simply stated, the prosecution tried to make it illegal to be a Republican. If there was a crime committed, then why didn't Armitage get charged?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

George W. Bush: The "what the fuck?" stops here.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"Approval rating limbo! How low can you go?"

Every limbo boy and girl, everywhere around the limbo world...

Oh, and Tony? Which would Scooter be? Sacco? Venzetti? Puh-lease.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't think anyone ever got anything more wrong in the history of the world.

Truly, that's breathtaking.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm not disagreeing that Republicans should be outlawed, but what was Libby convicted of that was typically Republican?

Draft saved Draft deleted