1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'No, it's not your opinion. You're just wrong'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jul 24, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

One doesn't really have anything to do with the other. Bush's legacy was at Yale and on the East Coast, Quayle's was in Indiana.

Neither is going to ring the bell with the intellectual sledgehammer, but I do think any indication of Bush's intelligence is the result of a concerted 25-year effort by all parties to make him look smart so he could be groomed politically.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

As long as our politicians continue to avoid as much real-world experience as possible on their way to power, does it really matter where they went to school or what grades they got there?

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a clip of Bush at a wedding from before he was president where he was glib, funny and seemed pretty sharp in a somewhat frat boyish but not overly douchey way.

He never struck me as overly dumb but overly handled.

Palin on the other hand had the smug self assurance of someone who doesn't know where their blind spots are in terms of experience and intelligence and prefers it that way.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

She posts at sj?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hey, no outing John Hammond!

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

That right there is enough reason for me to never vote for the guy. Jon Stewart is an uninteresting no-talent hump. That's just my opinion, though.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That isn't your opinion. You're just wrong.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

As one of the weirdos who read the Palin emails that the Washington. Post did a document dump on I can tell you what papers Palin read:
    Anchorage Daily News, the Juneau Miner (?), the Wasilla whatever, the Seattle Times, they had an anchorage bureau then, and she had staff who clipped Alaska news from other papers, magazines, etc. She also looked at whatever papers were in the hotel lobby when she traveled.

Instead, she thought she was brighter than Couric, could handle any questions because she had done a stint as a weekend sports anchor and didn't do any prep work before the interview.

It was a defining characteristic of her campaign as demonstrated in Gamechanger, both the book and HBO movie, that she was a dolt who didn't want to put in the work.

9. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The infamous "potatoe" incident -- thanks to an inaccurate flash card made by the teacher. But stupid teachers mostly vote D, so that part of the story is always buried by the media.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Dick doesn't understand the difference between the "conservative blogosphere" and NYTimes, WashPost, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, LATimes, Boston Globe, etc.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Wonder if he/she had been in education for 16 years.

old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted