1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'No, it's not your opinion. You're just wrong'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I assume you are referring specifically to the rumors regarding Bristol being the actual mother of the baby?

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hey, this is your thing. I've said my piece.

3. Dick Whitman

But is that what you're talking about? Who pursued that? Daily Kos? Do we want to talk about the things said about Obama and family by the conservative blogosphere?

She's a fucking clown act.

4. doctorquant

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. And yes, she is a fucking clown act. That she is a clown act excuses nothing.

Please don't go there. I've had my fill of the "THEY DID IT TOO!" nonsense around here.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's a free country: I can have my opinion, and you can be wrong.

6. Dick Whitman

The point is that it is possible to endure vicious criticism and rumor-mongering from the lunatic political fringe and not react by making a career out of stuffing people into lockers.

7. Dick Whitman

I take almost everything in politics with a grain of salt, and have fun doing so.

She is the one person, though, who actually makes me angry.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Some Republican did something bad in 1891. Scoreboard!!

9. doctorquant

Wait ... was he one of those Republicans who really was a Democrat? How would we know? Hmmm ...

I know! If I liked what he did he was a (insert party affiliation I prefer). If I don't like what he did, he was a (insert party affiliation I don't prefer).

jpetrie18 and YankeeFan like this.
  10. doctorquant

Really ... I would have never guessed.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There was about a 7-to-10 day period of grace following the 2008 GOP convention when the MSM, yes the MSM, treated Palin like a rising young star, a fresh face on the political scene, a breath of fresh air, etc etc etc.

Then she started talking.

That's all it took. The bitch swiftly proved herself dumber than a bucket of horse fudge.

This was about the same exact time the economy of the western world was in complete meltdown, with headlines every night that we were on the precipice of financial Armageddon, and people started to get seriously pissed that one of the two major parties was putting a functional moron in a position to be one creaky 72-year-old heartbeat away from the drivers seat, all in a cynical ploy to try to rope in disgruntled Hillary voters.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

COURIC: And when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this — to stay informed and to understand the world?
    PALIN: I’ve read most of them again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media —
    COURIC: But what ones specifically? I’m curious.
    PALIN: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me over all these years.
    COURIC: Can you name any of them?
    PALIN: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news.

Draft saved Draft deleted