1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Idiots Allowed Hockey League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigDog, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Is that Gord Kluzak with Byers ?

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I think it's Nevin Markwart or Jay Miller or Craig Janney.

If you want to be truly embarrassed for another human being, check out www.lb34.com. I loved Byers when he was a Bruin, but the guy's got to let go.

3. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

So, you say you're not an idiot.

So, you want to be part of the most coveted fantasy league on SportsJournalists.com.

Well, time to put your skates where our sharpener is.

Two openings exist in the NIAHL. The membership committee will consider applications from now until Saturday at noon eastern.

To apply: 70 word applications, posted on this thread. No lobbying. No PMs.

Yes, we encourage minorities, such as Canadians, to apply.

And we'll sweeten the pot to you who blaspheme the NIA alliance: You win the hockey league, you're a permanent member of the football and baseball leagues. You think you're as smart as us? Time to prove it.

For some of you, this is your last chance to ever be part of the cool kids' table. So apply now.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Hockey is like soccer, but with less flopping, right?

I'm soooooo going to kick your butts.

5. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Hockey is entirely about flopping. I think I read somewhere that 31 percent of the NHL can't even skate.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

That explains the double blades you see in Toronto.

I think I read somewhere that hockey players are just soccer players that couldn't bend it.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I already won one hockey league against folks here. Winning another one couldn't be that tough.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I thought that was Texas Holdem...

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Son - that's the minor league. We play for real up here. Better lace em up tight if you want to win.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

That's some mighty big talk there, Youngblood. Too bad you can't bone the coach's daughter in this league.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Why should I be in the NIAHL? Because in a league apparently not full of Canadians, it'd be nice to have a kid in the American South around. Because I am addicted to this great sport, even if it means spending dinner break at a crappy chain rest. b/c they happen to have OLN. Finally, because I resisted the urge to knock the crap out of Edmonton TV boys during the Finals.

Thanks.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Anyone want to handle this one? Boom? Dog?

Draft saved Draft deleted