1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Idiots Allowed Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yep, that's exactly what I did and it helped me all the way to 3rd place in NIAFL! That's some good fantasy baseball cheatin'!

But no buzzer! I swearz! Totes Gucci!

[​IMG]

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't brag about cheating and still only finishing third. :)

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sterling Silver has passed over the commish keys. I'm setting up NIAFL 2020 and will send emails about draft day.

Who's coming back from 2019? When is a good day and time for the draft?

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just wanted to shoutout an unreal semifinal between my club (House of the Rising Chubb) and Sterling Silver. Had an unbelievably bad sports betting weekend and was sure I was going to lose to Silver whilst scoring close to 160 points because that's the way things seemed to be going, but sanity prevailed, even if I had to watch the SNF debacle until the bitter end because McCarthy inexplicably had CeeDee Lamb out there in the fourth quarter of a 56-7 game. Kept waiting for the inevitable Cooper Rush to Lamb bullshit TD with five minutes left, because honestly, McCarthy had evil in his eyes and I think he wanted to go for 80 last night.

Rematch of last year's title game with The Mafia (shoutout Mizzou) up next. Let's hope Kamara doesn't score six TDs this time. Good luck.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Here's how I described it elsewhere:
    Frustrated by blowouts. Lost on a garbage time TD by Diontae Johnson. Had a chance to come back with a big game by Lamb, but they were too busy throwing the TDs to linemen.
    Congrats & good luck in the finals.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And just for consistency, shoutout Mizzou (wherever he may be) for his second straight title. Just couldn't overcome duds from Kittle and the Tampa D this week. Twas a great run, though.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just checking in to see if everyone’s gotten the invite for baseball season. Haven’t heard back from anyone yet so it feels like an echo chamber.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I’m emailing everyone individually so we can remain anonymous to each other and still try to set up the league despite the awful Yahoo! decision to do away with message boards.

Guy_Incognito likes this.
  9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I know this thread hasn't been visited regularly in a while but but since both owners are still on the board I figured I'd post this here...props to @Cosmo for nearly pulling off the most stunning comeback in fantasy sports history. I led 10-0 going into the final day of our NIAFL semi and he roared back and tied it 5-5. My team hit .122 (fuck, I could hit .122) w/a .401 OPS while he hit .362/.968. I backed into the title game by virtue of the higher seed tiebreaker and avoided the greatest collapse since the '07 Mets by virtue of also tying Cosmo in homers and saves. One more for him in either category (or one less for me) and I'd be Willie Randolph, a doomed manager watching the clock until he got fired in the middle of the night in California.

My "reward" for surviving such a choke job? A championship match against the savant @Guy_Incognito. That's not very sporting of the fates! Good luck to Guy and thanks again to Cosmo for the high-stress Sunday!

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If Yennier Cano didn't blow the save against the stupid Guardians on Friday night, I would have pulled it off. Dammit. Great matchup. Didn't even think I had any chance on Sunday.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I looked at the matchup, saw I was up 10-0 and figured it'd be a bad idea to do anything other than let it ride. Turns out missing three-and-a-half studs (Arraez, Arozarena and Nimmo were all banged up and Acuna sat out the second game of a doubleheader) hurts a team!

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My season rose and fell with the health of Brandon Woodruff, Clayton Kershaw, but especially, Yordan Alvarez. Before Alvarez got hurt, I was doing fine, hanging in the top half. Went 5-2-1 by week to start.

After Alvarez got hurt, it coincided with pitching injuries, and I cratered in June and July. Went 0-6-1 by week over that stretch and fell into last. Some horrid defeats. I think I single-handedly gifted BYH a playoff spot.

Once Alvarez came back, rallied to a 5-2-1 weekly record to finish the season and salvage 7th, but still well off the playoff spots.

Draft saved Draft deleted