1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Idiots Allowed Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Just kidding.

#theTwinssuckimbitter

Do we have white smoke?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Yes, we do.

We have a long-standing policy of giving priority to single-sport owners who wish to participate in both sports.

So, following that policy and based on his being nominated, Big Circus, an owner in NIAFL Football, was proffered an invitation this morning to join us as an owner in NIAFL Baseball.
    He has accepted the invitation and is registered.

We have 12 members.
    We have a draft time and date.

We are now open for discussion on how we want keepers to work.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yay!

Congrats Big Circus!

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Glad to be here! Also, I'm easily swayed to any side of the keeper debate, and even more easily bribed.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I think a keeper or two would be cool. Any more takes away from the draft, IMO. Also, my team sucked last year.

6. Machine Head

Tanned, rested and ready.

Fear me, NIAFL:

[​IMG]

7. Machine Head

Your first draft choice must be Rafael Soriano.

At least that's what I remember from years past.

Welcome, and you are welcome.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ok, here's my proposal for keepers:

• Each team can protect two players going into the 2018 draft.
    • Field player or pitcher are at the discretion of the team.
    • Player can be protected for a maximum of three years.
    • Protected players will count as the team's draft pick for the same round the following year and will move back one round in the two subsequent years:
      • I draft player X in the first round in 2017.
      • In 2018, I protect Player X and he counts as my first round draft pick for 2018.
      • In 2019, I protect Player X and he counts as my second round draft pick for 2019.
      • In 2020, I protect Player X and he counts as my third round draft pick for 2020.
      • In 2021, my protection elgibility for Player X has expired and he goes back into the live draft pool.
    • Each owner will present his/her two keepers to the commissioner two weeks before the draft and the commissioner will publish the list of protected players here and on the league's Yahoo message board.
    • In the event of a protected player being traded, the player's draft position and timeline continue as per the original designation.
    • The 2018 draft order will be set based on order of finish, last to first.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Wow, Yahoo lets you tailor your draft picks that specifically (so that keepers count in a certain round)?

I've seen keepers count as your first X picks or last X picks. Didn't know you could have anything more specific than that. Interesting!

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Count as draft picks? Lol of the highest order.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If you have constructive input, it's welcome.
    I'm also perfectly fine with continuing as we have for 10-plus with no keepers.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, find the setting that allows us to have keepers without having to forego draft picks.

Draft saved Draft deleted