1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No home phone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mb, Sep 28, 2009.

1. mb

mb Active Member

So AT&T finally pissed me off to the point of canceling my local home and long distance. Do I need to go crawling back, or to Comcast or to whoever?

I mean, it's not unusual to go with only cell phone, right?

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

haven't used a land line at home in at least 18 months and don't miss it. cell phone is plenty for me.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We finally live in an area with good enough cell reception that we don't need a home phone. Cell phone is working just fine for us, although out of habit, I still walk in the door looking for the answering machine to check for messages.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Haven't had a home phone since 2001. Absolutely no need for it when I have free long distance on my cell phone.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Haven't had a land line since 2006. Wouldn't even think of getting one again.

6. mb

mb Active Member

Thanks. I'm not used to feeling like the old dude reluctantly embracing new technology.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love my land line!

Get off my lawn!

(helps me keep my cell phone plan at the lowest level, because i just use my landline during daytime hours before work and on my days off)

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

People still have landlines?

I can see one for a family, but individuals? Not me. For ages.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would cancel mine if I thought the kids could keep their cell phones charged and with them.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Haven't had a land line in many years. Haven't had one occasion where I wished I had.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The kids keep busting or losing the cordless handsets, but those are a lot cheaper than the cell phones.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And with the bundle packages most cable companies offer, you can keep a landline for about $10-20.

Draft saved Draft deleted