1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NO-HITTER ALERT!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 15, 2008.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Your outs are limited and valuable & the Mets have a good bench. Don't give away an out for 11 more pitches. If you would tell me that he's so good that Willie would go against the book & throw him for 1115, maybe. You only have a certain number of shots left to score, take them.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

There is very little chance of scoring with two out and none on against a guy you haven't hit all day.
    Who on that bench might hit one out? Alou?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nice return game by Bergmann, just back from AAA. Three hits, two walks, nine strikeouts.
    With Ayala in, the Mets should get well very soon.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Maybe, or maybe he gets a single, or a walk. Then you have Reyes up & can pinch run.

5. Moderator1

What the hell was that? Why is Reyes running?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Dumb baserunning by Reyes.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

good Lord that was hilarious. That might be the worst baserunning I've ever seen in my life.

I think I heard spnited's head explode from here.

8. Moderator1

I had my back turned, actually working for a moment. Turned around to see the replay.
    I cannot argue your point.
    But this one still ain't over.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes it is, Moddy. The Mets are pussies. They do not fight back. They simply take their loss and go home while the manager says "it is what it is."

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Can't wait to hear his take on Reyes' baserunning and whether or not he'll feel the need to talk to him about it.

11. Moderator1

I'd still like another run. Badly.
    I know I give you all kinds of just-in-fun shit but I really WOULD like three out of four in NY.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

What Willie will say:

"Well, you don't want to take away his aggressiveness. It didn't work out, but it was an aggressive play and you don't want to take away Jose's aggressiveness. You like him to be aggressive. It just didn't work out."

What Willie should say:
    "It was a stupid, bad play that took us out of an inning. He's being fined $1,000."

Draft saved Draft deleted