1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No-hitter alert

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FishHack76, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

You both suck.

2. chazp

chazp Active Member

I was born in Chicago and am still a huge Cubs fan, but it's the Cubs, we knew CZ couldn't finish it.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I came within five outs of throwing my first career no-hitter in Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for Super Nintendo two weeks ago. It would have been a proud day for me and Tom Glavine (circa 1994).

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why pinch hit for him? Hell, Zambrano has been hitting better than most of the Cubs, too. He was dominant. I don't mind leaving him in for the 9th. The Cubs' problem today was failing to score even one run even though the Pads had to go to their bullpen with one on and none out in the fourth inning.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

San Diego's bullpen, however, is pretty darn good.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

More proof that solid starting and an outstanding bullpen can make a good baseball team, even when that team can't hit anything.

The Padres have the best record in the NL despite being dead-ass last in the league in batting average and on-base percentage (29th of 30 in all of MLB). Their 2.92 team ERA is the best in all of MLB.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Please tell John Schuerholz that. He can't seem to put the two together.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

You can't blame him for Gonzalez getting injured, and he brought Soriano in, too. And he traded for Wickman, who is still OK. Their bullpen is improving.

Now, why he hasn't traded for a quality starter yet ... I don't know. It's KILLING an otherwise really good team.

Draft saved Draft deleted