1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No-Hitter Alert: Francisco Liriano vs. Chicago

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oscar Gamble, May 3, 2011.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Yeah, and that's not impressive. At least to me. It's like dodging batters to get rewarded for it.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seemed more to me like his control just wasn't that good, tonight, but the White Sox couldn't hit him anyway. I don't think he was intentionally avoiding anybody.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Couldn't happen to a nicer team.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Agreed. I can't get too worked up over a two-K, six-walk no-no.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Sox got not hit by a guy with an ERA north of 9.00 prior to tonight's start.

6. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Could be worse. Jeff Russell could be in their rotation.

7. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I was there at the Cell ... first no-hitter I've seen live, and an exciting game. I agree that the Sox are awful this year, but it was still a pleasure to watch. Liriano faltered towards the end but willed himself to complete the no-no.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wonder what Guillen tweeted tonight?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

You are a HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING!!!!!!

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

this brought up an interesting question among my friends on FB. Is it worth it to be able to say you saw a no-no live if it's a 2k, 6 BB game involving a pitcher with a 9.14 era going in?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck yes. It's a no-hitter. I don't care how many guys he walked, he still has a big fat goose egg in the hits column. People (except Carlton Banks apparently :D) go to the park every day hoping to see a no-hitter. Who cares about style points?

Added benefit: When you tell your friends you saw the Liriano no-hitter, they'll know exactly what you're talking about.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I envisioned Adam Dunn hitting a walk-off homer with two outs in the ninth to break up the no-no and win the game. I bet it's never happened before.

Since that would be a baseball first (I'm guessing), that's what i was rooting for.

Draft saved Draft deleted