1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NO HITTER ALERT! Carlos Zambrano pitches a no-hitter vs. Astros in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oscar Gamble, Sep 14, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Near as I can tell, that's both the first in Miller Park history and the first neutral site no-hitter.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah well I'm just going to wait for confirmation from Bucky before I post it on my blog, if you don't mind.

No offense, of course.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What's the longest stretch between no-hitters for one franchise? The last Cub no-no was in 1972.

4. Re: NO HITTER ALERT! Carlos Zambrano pitches a no-hitter vs. Astros in Milwauke

Fuck that. Consider it posted. [/The Big Lead]

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Did you get his permission before you started Favre instead of Rodgers, you huge, huge tool?

6. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Damn. Maybe that was me then.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, the Mets have never thrown one, and that's back to 1962

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't understand why you hurt me so.

9. Armchair_QB

Re: NO HITTER ALERT! Carlos Zambrano pitches a no-hitter vs. Astros in Milwauke

I know. That's not what I asked.

You have to throw one before you can have a long gap between your last one and your next one.

10. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Re: NO HITTER ALERT! Carlos Zambrano pitches a no-hitter vs. Astros in Milwauke

Did the announcers make a big deal of this as it was buliding, or did they play dumb and leave the audience to guess?

11. Armchair_QB

I got the Astros broadcast and they spent all nine innings bitching about how Miller wasn't a neutral field and how tough the travel was for the Astros. They kept mentioning Houston still didn't have a hit though.

12. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Pat Hughes said it about 400 times during the last five innings.

Draft saved Draft deleted