1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No French debate thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HejiraHenry, May 3, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

A sign, I suppose, that the lefties here are no longer enthused about the Segolene Royal candidacy.

Not as interesting now as an old episode of "Commander in Chief," since it requires, like, actual voting and stuff.

It's all been downhill, I reckon, since the bikini photo boomlet.

But I do have a feeling that the debate with Nicolas Sarkozy will be broken down inside the H.R. Clinton camp as carefully as the Colts broke down Bears tape before the Super Bowl.

Royal came off rather badly, while Sarkozy – who'd been painted by France's leftist press with the same sort of cartoon colors used by their brethren here against – well, against anybody and everybody who disagrees with them – turned out to seem quite reasonable and, yes, presidential by comparison.

I don't know a damned thing about Sarkozy, except that he's been insisting that France can't move forward as long as everybody thinks they're entitled to a 35-hour-or-less work week.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Pourquoi, exactement, c'est votre inquiétude?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

What's there to debate? We all enjoy frenching with women. Some even call it foreplay.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Pourquoi, exactement, soignez-vous? Si j'ai une question pour vous, je l'adresserai comme tel. Avoir un jour agréable.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Is Mr. French running for office? Buffie is sure to try to talk him out of it. Skeletons, you know.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, quit with the foreplay, Double H, and get down to brass tacks.

8. Bonjour, Henri.
    Ou est la bibliotheque?

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Personally, I can't stand salad dressing. But I don't think I want to debate it. Maybe with the waiter, but not with all of you. Have whatever kind of dressing you want, doesn't matter to me.

I wonder if the Queen uses salad dressing. What does she use, Italian? French? Russian? Maybe since NATO, but before that, it's a problem!

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

French's mustard is so bland. I prefer lesser-known brands that have a bit of a jalapeno kick

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

FACT: There's no better mustard than Gulden's Spicy Brown.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I like French Toast. It's tasty and delicious.

That's my contribution to this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted