1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Fox Sunday NFL on Dish!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Sep 29, 2019.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I usually don’t care for these battles but it’s NFL!! Need to get this done.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

F Dish. This seems to happen a lot with them. They charge customers enough I don't know what they are expecting from the networks.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I have personally been involved with channel carriage negotiations with DISH in the past and they are unlike all of the other carriers. They are insane, mostly because the owner, Charlie Ergen, personally is in charge of the negotiations and he treats it like a zero-sum game, and every point is a dollar in his personal pocket.

This could go on for a long time.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn. No local TV, not good.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Call 'em for the "inconvenience discount" quick. I got in with DirecTV just before it settled with CBS, about 2 days. Pretty significant discount.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What about Red Zone Channel? Is that off for Dish?

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Haven't the Fox Sports regional channels been off Dish for, what, three months now?

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Not for me. This was first weekend.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What if I told you that you don’t need cable TV to watch the NFL on Fox?

The 12 Best TV Antennas of 2019

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My wife re-upped with Dish just a few weeks ago after she was bound and determined to cut the cord and switch to Hulu Live.

They offered free RedZone and 40 bucks off our bill each month for a year. Then this happens. Wait time was almost 30 minutes when we called before the MSU/IU game on Saturday (which is how we found out this happened) and she got pissed an hung up. I think she may be calling again.

Meanwhile ... I just smile, because I told her to cut the cord 5 years ago!! Even back then, I was just renting DVDs of shows I never watched and have pretty much moved to Netflix doing the same. No need for network or cable TV for me. Other than the odd show I go back and watch .. and maybe PTI, I don't watch TV. My kid watches YouTube more than any TV channel as well. But I hope she can get this resolved, for her sake. LOL

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I ended up with a free season of Sunday Ticket a few years ago after I missed Sunday Night Football due to a local affiliate dispute and played the victim card. What a glorious season it was.

exmediahack likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Also, if you have the Yahoo Sports app installed you can stream whatever Sunday and Monday games are available in your area inside that app. The Thursday night game on Fox is also available over Amazon Prime, but not Yahoo Sports.

Draft saved Draft deleted