1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No F'ing ball scores!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by OTD, Jul 25, 2007.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

So I was out of town this week and this morning at breakfast bought the paper from the nearby (75 miles away) big city. I bought this instead of the local rag, not wanting to send any money to the folks at CNHI. I sat down to check the baseball scores and found it was an early edition . . . just had a bunch of AP feature crap! Not even any east-coast scores.

Dammit, if they're gonna give you the crap paper, they should put that on the box so you know before dumping in your 50 cents that YOU WON'T GET THE BALL SCORES YOU'RE BUYING THE PAPER FOR.

That is all.

2. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

Welcome to the new era of journalism. Since websites have box scores now that are immediate, newspapers have responded by moving up deadlines and insuring that actually nothing after 7 p.m. makes the paper.

It makes sense, doesn't it?

There are papers in my area that are going to go 10 p.m. deadline (1 EDITION 12,000 circ). IT IS GOING TO MISS FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. The town will kill if it doesn't have it's Friday night football gamer in. Can't wait to see that disaster.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What time zone are you in? If you are on the East Coast and there aren't at least scores from Eastern games, that's bullshit.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Of course, if you're so concerned about not giving 50 cents to some chain you don't like ... you may deserve what you get.

Draft saved Draft deleted