1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No F'in Shame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Unless, of course, said councilmen were involved.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The mayor, and I believe the council, are facing felony fraud charges. His case here is that he deserves the money because he hasn't been convicted yet. I'd say it is the prudent course of action for the city to assume he won't repay that money out of the goodness of his heart if he is convicted, and that he will hide it so it is unrecoverable to them. So they are keeping it until the court orders them to fork it over. About the first thing that makes sense in the management of that city.

I would also assume it is a fairly large negotiating chip in plea bargain talks.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Fuck him. Let him sue you for it.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So, to summarize: city councilmen who met only one night per month making 100K, a small town city manager taking a 1.5 million dollar annual pay package, and the local cops and firemen making 200K annually. And ALL at the taxpayer's expense.

Could someone remind me again why California is so fiscally fucked up?

5. poindexter

read thru here

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/84692/

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

If you don't like the state, leave. It's already overcrowded.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Ali and Shaheed know this is solid.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This times 100,000.

If anything, countersue him for breach of fiduciary duty.

9. poindexter

Sue him into oblivion. He conspired with the council for these paychecks? Bring them up on RICO charges.

I find it fascinating that the guy has stole the town into oblivion, and there are lemmings here who say, "Well, a contract is a contract, and he hasn't been CONVICTED of anything, so technically, he's committed no crime. Go ahead and continue to pay him millions. Rules are rules!"

Unreal. No firing unless a conviction.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I will admit, however, it would be amusing to see a civil trial where the jury is made up of Bell residents.

They'd find in favor of the crook, and give him a dollar. That would be laughable.

Draft saved Draft deleted