1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"No Easy Day"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 4, 2012.

1. turski7

turski7 Member

It was one of his sons and yes, that was great. Peek-a-boo, you're dead. He did take some political shots, I agree, and I thought he downplayed how excited the guys were to clip Bin Laden. I don't buy it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The price isn't "set by the publisher" . There's a "suggested retail price" which, you know, means something entirely different.

But then until about '94 the Brits had the Net Book Agreement where booksellers had to agree to sell the publishers' books at the agreed to retail price. Refusal to do so meant that the bookseller was cut off.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So Amazon us lying about who sets sell price for their books on Kindle?

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think that's true for books but it may be different for E books.

5. Just finished the book. Took me about 6 hours to read. I was very intrigued from Page 1. Hadn't read a book like this before. Wasn't sure if I agreed from the outset whether it should have even been written or not, but I'm glad it was, and I'm glad I read it. I was just as interested with the missions outside of the bin Laden raid as I was on the bin Laden raid. I thought it was neat how they had to set up a scenario and prove it could be done to those in charge in Washington before they were given the OK to do it.

With "Jen" being 100 percent certain it was bin Laden wandering around the compound, I couldn't believe it took so long to get the OK to make the raid. I think it was better that a ground team was sent in rather than a bombing run, just because they obtained the proof that bin Laden was dead.

My dad has a job within the Department of Defense, and he was dead-set against the book being written, but when I told him I ordered it he asked to borrow it. I think he wants to compare what he knows against what is in the book without making the purchase to support the author. I'll be interested to hear his take when he finishes it.

Draft saved Draft deleted