1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"No Easy Day"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 4, 2012.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This thread reads like one of the question sequences on an episode of "Would I Lie to You?":

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with K - Cups? I would not think that such a socially and environmentally conscious company as Green Mountain Coffee would sell anything that would not pass muster with Earth First.

Please tell me you are kidding. I don't want to have to go back to my French Press.

3. Boom_70

Which BTW I receive on my Kindle - again to save trees.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

K-Cups kill kittens.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

EarthFirst is going to hunt you and Moddy down like something out of Hunger Games.

www.boston.com/business/articles/2010/01/03/an_environmental_quandary_percolates_at_green_mountain_coffee_roasters/

www.nytimes.com/2010/08/04/business/energy-environment/04coffee.html?pagewanted=all

latimesblogs.latimes.com/home_blog/2012/01/keurig-environmental-impact.html

www.carbondiet.ca/green_advice/food/k-cup_coffee_maker_garbage_an_environmental_issue.html

www.coffeehabitat.com/2010/08/single-use-coffee-waste/

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

This is a strange conversation.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Apparently, the book was delivered to the house today. I mean, if the Govt REALLY found classified information in the book that was illegally printed, couldn't they have stopped the book from being sold, at least for a while?

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Prior restraint does exist. It also stirs up more shit than it's worth normally. In the Internet era, the information is going to get out either way.

9. Boom_70

I save my K Cups and donate them to a local handicapped group who uses them to make Christmas ornaments that they sell.

I'm always tickled by the Green Mountain mission statement:

Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (GMCR) is focused on creating positive and sustainable change for people and ecosystems in the places where we do business through focused sustainability endeavors. We are committed to social and environmental responsibility and continue to evolve our company’s corporate citizenship and community outreach efforts. We’ve operated under the core belief that our strength as a business, our support for our employees, and our commitment to our local and global communities are inseparable; each supports the others in a powerful synergy that drives our success."

10. Boom_70

If they were concerned about classified information they should have put a muzzle on John Brennan. Perhaps there is something to it though as it was just removed from my Kindle.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Boom_70

Noticed a note on my Kindle receipt which I've never noticed before:

"Price set by publisher"

I bet a lot of lawyers batted that one around for a while.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I'm going to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted