1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Season 7 premiere thread yet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Anyone else watch it besides me?

Just an OK episode, but obviously laid the groundwork for the Seinfeld reunion storyline. It seems Larry will start working on that in an attempt to win Cheryl back.

And it seems LD is going to use Loretta's illness as an excuse to get rid of the Blacks. I hope Leon sticks around in some capacity.

Also, great guest turn by Catherine O'Hara. And any I like any episode with lots of Marty Funkhauser.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Marty is such a great character. And they can't get rid of Leon. Leon rules.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Last night's ep was one of the best in the series, for my money.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've watched every season. So far this season while the bits are very funny it seems like Larry is trying too hard and the bits seem a bit forced.

In past seasons stuff that happened seemed more plausible as out on the edge as it is.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You can't make an open gesture to a Funkhouser.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Empty gesture.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Jeff Garlin's orgasm noises will haunt me in my dreams. "Come on, fat boy!"

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Re: the wheelchair episode...

Are we really to believe that Larry, oblivious as he is, would make a chopsticks reference about the newly adopted kid of his friends? C'mon, this is way forced, not just an observation of accepted-yet-dumb everyday behavior.

And the Rosie O'Donnell-kicked-his-ass stuff? Must be setting up something later in the season, because it was a waste of time.

There's been some good stuff this season, but also this sort of stuff where you can seem them sweating for awkward opportunities.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Exactly-- in previous seasons things were obnoxious and funny but did not seemed forced.

The Chop Stix example is perfect.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I did think that Larry was over-the-top in his meanness in this episode. Usually, he gets in trouble by being really self-centered. This time he was just being a jerk.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I know it's wrong, but when Larry tells Denise her name is "Denise Handicap" on his phone, I couldn't stop laughing. Shit, I'm still laughing.

Draft saved Draft deleted