1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No college hockey discussion allowed on this thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Mar 15, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You have one other thread, so whatever you do, please don't let us hear about Babson vs. Merrimack or anything like that on this thread.

Thank you for your kind northern consideration.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, I thought that would suit a majority.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I wonder if they could merge all the NCAA hoops threads into one?

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I don't know. Can they merge the NCAA hockey thread into none to properly represent America's interest? :)

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Then I guess there wouldn't be much interest in the Canadian University Hockey Championships, would there? :)

7. Looks like Maryland may pull this one out.

8. Ditto.

9. I've had to cover a few NCAA hockey tournaments in recent years. It's truly the most annoying event to cover.
    The 'beat' writers from the colleges and various hockey Web sites ask the most tedious questions ever. It's like they're trying to impress bigger writers who only pop up from the woodshed during the Frozen Four, regionals, by asking extremely detailed questions.
    Then when they introduce themselves before the question, that takes forver, too. "Hi, this is Jeff Jones from collegehockeyinthemidwesternstatesandnewenglandtv.com."
    For those of us on deadline, these press conferences are excrutiating.

Draft saved Draft deleted