1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No circle of hell would be deep enough for this woman.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Mar 3, 2013.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If it's the company's policy, and the people know that when they put their parents in it, then that's the policy. And the daughter, according to ABC, had no problem with the treatment.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's destroyed their Yelp rating:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/glenwood-gardens-bakersfield

4. dooley_womack1

I'd break that policy in a heartbeat, so to speak, to save a life. The vast majority of us would. And the vast majority of us would have enough on the ball to dare them to fire us. Imagine the hedline: "Nurse fired for saving a life."

And if the daughter is perfectly fine with what the nurse did, she should join Ratchet in the circle.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't want to come across like I'm taking her side; I'm not. I agree with you. But if you're hired under one condition, then you're OK with that condition. And the people are put there under that condition.

And the report said it's unknown if the CPR would have saved her.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

All the report can do is offer a best-case scenario of whether it "could" have saved her (not even acounting for whether it's done properly, etc.)

And 19 times out of 20 on elderly patients with other problems, CPR does not work.

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/35320/35323/372221.html?d=dmtHMSContent

7. dooley_womack1

"Well, darn, I have only a 5 percent chance of saving a life, and my life is in no danger" (files nails and plays Farmville)

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

In all these years, I've never seen Dooley so fired up.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If she had eaten more real food, she wouldn't have gone into cardiac arrest in the first place.

[/Ragu]

10. dooley_womack1

Is that good or bad? (Answering my own question: Yes).

And nice, BTE

11. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I assume the woman doesn't have a DNR since emergency services were actually called, but that was the first thing that entered my mind. At age 87 and living in an assisted-living facility, she could very well have reached the point of her life where it's kinder not to take extraordinary measures. The fact that the daughter is not distraught over this would also indicate that as a distinct possibility, at least to me.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted