1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Carter thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, May 21, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe W will become the Shah of Iraq. I think he'd do good.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Washington's apparently considered a great president because the opening chapter of the experiment didn't fail miserably under his watch.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I really fail to see how Bush couldn't be at least bottom five on any list, if not the very bottom.

The guy's done NOTHING. Not a sumbitchin' thing in more than six years.

Every single thing he's tried has been a complete and utter failure. I mean, look at the guy's record.

Social Security: Plan so screwed up they never even tried to implement it.

Taxes: Cut them after a terrorist attack that affected our financial market and after declaring two wars and after the tech stocks sank. Top 1% loves 'em, I got a couple grand.

Economy overall: Not a complete screwup, but it's nowhere close to what it was when he took office.

Deficit: HOLY SHIT.

Foreign affairs: It's like the guy didn't know he would have to interact with other world leaders when he took the job.

Domestic affairs: He's improved in this area somewhat, but only because most of the country is united behind the idea that they hate the little bastard.

War in Iraq: Lied over and over to get us there, had no plan whatsoever, didn't understand the religious makeup of the country and had no one on staff who did, could not possibly screw it up any worse.

He's also failed at various times at eating, walking, bike riding and talking.

Pick your worst president from the list. I'll put GWB up against any of them.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Something to be said for that, though.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Washington gave American rhetoric about freedom some meaning by voluntarily giving up his office after two terms instead of consolidating power and becoming a supreme ruler.

He set a good example. I wish more politicians would follow it.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I don't think he'll try and get involved in much of anything. And I think history will be kinder to him than the present criticism of his administration is. I don't think he'll go down as one of the worst presidents or one of the best.

I read a very good article about his father's administration and how historians are increasingly viewing it more favorably than originally thought. That's what happens -- you have to let history be the judge

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I agree, Ace. But his index is higher than Lincoln.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think he was a great president. I don't think he's number 1.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Just piddle around in Crawford, I guess...

10. What happened to G.I. Lovemoney.

11. Commissioner of Baseball.
    And drunk as an owl, before noon, most days.

12. Boom --
    Stop posting that.
    I am not ignoring you, although I wish (sniff) I could quit you.

Draft saved Draft deleted