1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No cake for little Adolph

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Dec 16, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

His name is Culpa...Mea Culpa...

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

This guy has GED written all over him.

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

That's an insult to the GED.

And like I needed any more reasons to boycott Walmart ...

4. Somebody should have given you a golf-clap for this one.
    Well-struck, although little Pontius Pilate O'Brien applauded much louder.

5. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Still at the end of the day, it's a name. A fucking name. Why should you give a shit what the kid's name is, other than to say, "Sucks to be you, kid."

It reminds me of this little old southern lady that came up to me one day while I was in college and she was mortally offended that the guy working with me had "Jesus" on his nametag.

I don't think she'd ever even heard of Mexico.

She said, "How dare they name him Jesus, there's only one Jesus" to which i said, "it's not Jesus, it's Jesus."

And while we're at it, why are there so many Matthew, Mark, Luke and Johns, but when's the last time you met a Moses?

Sure Adolf is a name that will have a (very, very bad) stigma attached to it, but would you not run a kid's name in the paper if it was Adolf? At least with Adolph, I'd have a 50-50 chance of spelling it right if i forgot to ask. Adolph or Adolf.

Unlike the 1,453,345 different ways you can spell Brandi, Brandy, Brandie, Brandee, Brittany, Brittani, Britney, Brit ... oh, hell here is the number of ways google has registered to spell the now-hot (again) Brit that sings

http://www.google.com/jobs/britney.html

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Retarded -- That is the only word I would choose to describe this poor kid's parents and their choice of names for their kids.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's because the cake was made in China and they don't have nearly the issues with Hitler that we do.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't forget Judas Iscariot Smith. He's invited, too, right?

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]

10. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I've never met him.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you ever do, don't offer to shake.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]