1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No blue-on-blue for Boise State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flip Wilson, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I agree, only just have a home and an away combination. I'm tired of needing the Fox Box to tell me who's playing without being able to recognize the teams.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

No white is an NCAA rule, not an NFL rule.
    Heck, in high school basketball in our state, if the home team is wearing ANYTHING other than white, it's five technicals to start the game and another one the first time each sub checks into the game.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Marshall wears white helmets. Boise is blue from head to toe.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What about the children?

5. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

I can't argue too hard against the opposing coaches' complaints. My wife is a Vandal, and I took her to a BSU-Idaho game in Boise a few years back. I had trouble telling what the hell was going on half of the time because of the blue-on-blue on a blue turf field. They can keep the unis if they dump the stupid blue turf.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

If you think the all-blue unis were an accident, you're kidding yourself. Ever try playing against Boise at Boise in NCAA football? All you can see is floating facemasks and lower legs.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

No white an NCAA rule? What about LSU or Georgia Tech?

I'm guessing Boise State will wear orange somewhere. Pants, shirts, something. And sort of like the Marshall talk, the MWC has CSU, which has an all-green uni including helmets. It does make you wonder if they'll make a case there as well.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The green isn't a direct match to the grass though.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And it's fucking grass. You know, the shit that grows in the ground?

These idiots, and I love the way they play football, decided that blue was good.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The eye is accustomed to green-on-green. It is not on blue-on-blue. It was an advantage.

The MWC simply should have made green turf a condition of membership. Or the NCAA rules commitee should set universal standards for football fields and basketball courts and do away with monstrosities lije the smurf turf of the court at Oregon, where the midcourt line is all but invisible to the naked eye.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Paging SportsScience or these guys:
    [​IMG]

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I've always thought the genius of the blue turf was akin to Hayden Frye painting the visitor's locker room pink at Iowa. if you're thinking a minute about the turf and the uniforms, that's a minute you aren't thinking about stopping one of the most innovative offenses in the country.

Draft saved Draft deleted