1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No blimp over Jacksonville for MNF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Dec 7, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And I always wanted to say to Brent: "Would I be looking if I was dead?"

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And you're BYH's.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

If the footage is at all relevant, maybe. I'm thinking of watching a Saints game recently where they showed a French Quarter street musician playing to an afternoon sidewalk audience. Funny thing was, by the time the game kicked off, it had been dark a good 90 minutes.

My thought? "Well, at least they aren't wasting a camera in the French Quarter when there's a live game going on."

Nothing about a cut-away-to-city scene tells me it needs to be live.

Showing Charlotte when it's supposed to be Jacksonville...well that's another story.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Didn't see the game, but often an announcer will make a reference to a particular shot coming back from a commercial - but I do think the deciding factor is intent. Is the intent to deceive the viewer?

I dont' think most viewers would think a camera person would jet outside of the stadium during a break and get a shot of tailgaters or what's going on downtown - but if the shot could be conceivably live (like a blimp shot) - absolutely it is wrong to let run without stating it is not live.
    Its why "live" TV shows rebroadcast to the West Coast always have a caption that says it's not really live, but pre-recorded. I'm pretty sure there are rules.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Please, is that your response?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but how come Scott etc... didn't fly down for the game?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but I did find it amusing to hear Tirico say, "Well, it's just not the same without Stuart walking toward the camera, but coming up next on SportsCenter ..."

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Jags could have used the number to count toward attendance... :D

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Would Stuart's rogue eye have counted toward a second seat? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted