1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Bigger Idiots...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 14, 2007.

1. Tragic, what's happened to your eyesight.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Isn't that Julie Christie circa Dr. Zhivago, not Shampoo? I want my money back!

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And she's in a new movie "Away from Her". Directed by the incredibly talented Sarah Polley and based on the Alice Munro short story "The Bear Came over the Mountain".

Very very nice reviews.

http://www.caprifilms.com/awayfromher/

[​IMG]

Still incredibly good looking in her 60's.

4. For reasons entirely personal, I tend to stay away from Alzheimer's-themed popular culture. But, Julie -- and Sarah Polley, who KILLED in "The Sweet Hereafter" - might cause me to reconsider.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Have you abandoned sweet, sweet Maggie?

6. Nay, nay.
    Julie was the Maggie of my adolescence -- along with Diana Rigg. Sarah Polley's performance in TSH was what I meant.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And FB, although pretty much unknown outside of Canada, Gordon Pinsent is one great actor who decided to stay here rather than head to LA.

It's pretty much at the top of our list right now--just have to wait until we get an evening free from hockey. :)

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'll never get the Maggie thing. But we have found common ground on Diana Rigg. I discovered Avengers reruns well after they ran (I am a bit young), but man.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My favorite Julie Christie movie is still "McCabe & Mrs. Miller".

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd see the day when a perfectly serviceable thread about idiot teachers was jacked for sexagenarian masturbation fantasies.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Particularly when she had a leather outfit on.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ace, you've been around here long enough. There's no rhyme or reason for ANYTHING

Draft saved Draft deleted