1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No advice necessary, but it's welcome

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by another fake name, Mar 26, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Wow.

How's your mom doing? You thought she might be suicidal? Who does your brother live with now?

Your grandmother probably should write that book.

2. another fake name

another fake name New Member

Brother is living with aunt and family until tomorrow, when he's moving back in with my mom. The apartment she's supposed to get is in the same school district he's in now.

Mom is ... mom. I haven't heard about the suicidal thoughts, but she's not real stable.

3. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

The more he posts, the worse things get. I call bullshit. If not, you've got one fucked up family and you should just look out for yourself and leave the rest behind.*

* Jaded oldest child who moved 2,000 miles away from home to get away from his family's bullshit because it was unfixable.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Not as easily done as said. And I say that as someone who fits the first two parts of your asterisk (although not exactly for the reason in part three).

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

afn; Have one from the crowd.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. another fake name

Rexxy, I'm no fiction writer. I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

chef, thanks. Probably is time of year to push the beer aside.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Holy crap, AFN. I don't know how you're doing it. I really don't.

8. another fake name

Seriously though ... what am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to react?

I doubt my mom comes to my aunts (if my aunts out of jail by Christmas ... jesus h.w. christ .. I can't believe I'm writing that) for Christmas ... she'll have some excuse for not coming over. Which means I'll go to the friend's house in which she's staying to see my brother, etc. And my dad will be there. I haven't talked to my dad in about a year. Some e-mail, in which he blamed me for our lack of communication, nevermind he didn't try calling/e-mailing either (I know I didn't try, and I'm willing to accept some of the blame, but he didn't make an effort either). Anyways, when I show up there, I really don't know how that's going to work out ... I'm not sure I wanna see my dad.

I'm looking for advice now ... before, I just wanted to share the situation, maybe give someone a good laugh ... now I need advice. How does Christmas work?

9. Flash

Flash Guest

However you do it, AFN, just try to register some normalcy for your brother. Take him out for a snowball fight, exchange presents, go to church ... whatever you feel you need to do for him to have as decent a Christmas as you both can muster.

Many hugs.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

11. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

Made up or not, I still say move far away and start over. These things aren't your problems to fix.

12. another fake name

I'm not judging your decision -- ultimately, you gotta take care of No. 1 and make the decision that you think is best for you based on the information you have -- but for my money, right now, running solves nothing and leaves my brother in a heap he can't get away from.

Trust me, the thought has crossed my mind. I have a short list of places I'd go.

Draft saved Draft deleted